The Imperial Fascist Alliance Headquarters
March 28, 2024, 03:51:24 am
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: Welcome to SMF For Free

Home   Forum   Help Search Gallery Staff List Login Register  

ODECON-IFA War

Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  
Author Topic: ODECON-IFA War  (Read 1017 times)
Leistung
« Reply #30 on: December 06, 2008, 08:21:23 am »
Reply with quoteQuote Modify messageModify

We all know what happened when the French tried their "Patriotic Human Waves" during WWI. Also, if they couldn't of beaten the USSR, how come they were at Moscow's gates while America and Britain were hitting them in the ass? If they hadn't have been, more German troops would be able to go to the Russian front.

I also don't think one crappy rifle/SMG for every five-10 men qualifies as proper.

Vive la France! Vive la liberté!  Grin

Yeah, one crappy rife isn't proper. A shitload of T-34's, however, is. And by the way, let's remember that Germany LOST World War Two. Whatever the reasoning was, democracy prevailed over fascism, just as it always does.
Report Spam   Logged
Mister Flylice (GWO)
FCUKING W@NKER ADMIN HOLY SHIT
DER METZGEMEISTER
Mussolini

Radioactivity: +65535/-0

I'm tha boss.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 09, 2008, 06:33:54 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

You have to have infantry for tanks to work well. Otherwise, they just get owned by anti-tank infantry and tank killers. In short, the USSR military was shitty, and the only reason they made it to Berlin was because the US and Britain were hitting the west front.

Thus sending this discussion back to square one.
Report Spam   Logged

I'm a Fascist in RL. Mmmhmmmmmm.

Leader of the Imperial Fascist Alliance. Admin of these forums. My word is law here.
Unkerlantum
« Reply #32 on: December 14, 2008, 04:59:47 pm »

The reason the USSR made it to berlin is because hitler  and the Nazi command was retarded.

Waisting resources on raising new units for "showing off" and giving them the best equipment while forces in the field got shitty supplies.
further waisting men and resources to exterminate jews, gypsies, etc etc.

Changing plans for technological development constantly, this delayed the development of the ME-262 which at first was to be a fighter but Hitler wanted it to be a fighter bomber.

Too much emphasis on fine engineering, German tanks were engineering marvels but this led to very slow production.

A series of tactical errors like allowing thousands of allied troops to escape from Dunkurk because Hitler ordered his panzer's to stop, the German high command did the same thing on the eastern front which delayed advances for weeks. Over extending supply lines as well as
lack of modernization the Nazi's were trying to use HORSES to move materials with rapidly advancing panzer columns leading to abrupt halts on advances. This allowed the soviets to move factories east out of Nazi reach while the Nazi's over advanced or simply didnt finish.

IE Dunkurk, Stalingrad, Bastogne if the Nazi's would have actually assaulted these areas instead of seiging them and allowing for enemy forces to regroup they could have been much more successful particularly against the soviets.

There's also the matter of Hitler taking all the Panzer forces near normandy under his personal command instead of allowing his field commanders to utilize them.

Shitty allies, apart from Japan germany's ally Italy was more of a henderence than an advantage, the Nazi's had to HELP the italians in africa, then protect Mussolini's regieme,and finally the Italy itself.

Then the matter of air superiorty the fact that the Nazi's didnt give their experianced pilots rest led to loosing those veterans and only having greenhorns to combat the allies

Of course there was also the matter of mass production on the part of the allies particularly the USA
Report Spam   Logged
Cain
Gruntfuckle

Radioactivity: +0/-0

Run up the Black Flag!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 15, 2008, 08:25:38 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

When you learn to spell, kid, people take you a lot more seriously.
Report Spam   Logged
Unker
« Reply #34 on: December 16, 2008, 05:44:12 pm »

Sorry I don't care so much about a hurried post pointing out almost every reason why the Nazi's lost and instead of addressing any of my points you divert the conversation.

That's probably because all my points are supported by facts and not really disputable.

When you can make a logical argument come talk to me.

Report Spam   Logged
Cain
Gruntfuckle

Radioactivity: +0/-0

Run up the Black Flag!

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 16, 2008, 06:16:11 pm »
Reply with quoteQuote

Actually, I was giving you some advice. I wasn't purposefully diverting the conversation, I just don't have anything to add. Really, all I was doing was trying to get a word in edgewise and at least appear to be doing something, whereas you seem to be perfectly content entering into a pissing contest about a war that happened half a century ago.
Report Spam   Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3]
  Reply  |  New Topic  |  Print  

Jump to: